I had a busy day yesterday working on a new piece for a sculpture in the winery exhibition. This is version 1. The straight bars when viewed at just the right angle (not shown here) trace a curve. I thought it might work well in conjunction with 57 variations, not so sure now.
This is 57 variations without the extra bits.
Also did a bit of blacksmithing in the morning working with the new scroll jigs I made last week. They work great, saving a tonne of time. It’s nice when you invest time and effort into something and then that something just works. Doesn’t seem to happen all that often.
Close up of the base of the stand. I split the feet so that I could curl them or twist them individually at a later date but so far have left them alone. Above that are some scrolls made on the new jig. I made six in total just to prove the concept and used three here. The bottom of the scroll has been drawn out to a point and waits for something, perhaps a curl up or whatever.
This is the top where the poker, broom and shovel will hang. After getting all the other bends nice and even I allowed myself to play a little with the top. I could probably do some more to them, but am just taking things slowly for now.
So over all it was a productive Sunday. Had heaps of fun and made some progress.